Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Back in action...

Greetings: it has been a long time since I last wrote. A lot has happened. Do I want to talk about it? Not really... Not in great detail at least. My 25th birthday is a month away, and there are many things that are coming to fruition in my memory as this year comes to a close. 

This has been a big year for me. I moved to a new position at my school this year, made some new friends, strengthened some other friendships, helped my parents move to their beautiful new house in Texas, saw every single family member (extended family included) on my mom's side of the family, and said goodbye to my other grandpa this summer.  It was a crazy rollercoaster ride, but if you know me at all (or my family for that matter) you know I'm a woman of faith. 

Everyone always wants to know why?? 

Why is it already time to wake up? 
Why is there not more time in the day? 
Why didn't I go to the gym when I had the chance to? 

Case and point? Life is tough. Something my faith has taught me is that we are all here for a reason and when it's our time to go or we have served our purpose here on earth, it is time to go live eternally with our Heavenly Father. I take great peace in this because even though my grandpa's are no longer here, I like to think they have a hand in the beautiful things in life that I get to experience. I.e., this sunrise Monday morning (which was the year anniversary of my grandpa Tink passing away) 

(Switching grandpas) My grandpa Pete used to write me birthday cards and they always had some typical grandparent message like "Happy Birthday Ame, can't believe another has gone by and how grown up you are". Loved it! Then, as I got older, my grandpa started writing a post-scripts. He would say, "ps: have you run off and gotten married yet?!?" - this was mostly due to the fact that I hardly ever wrote him back (major sigh, I should have written to him more). These cards always made me laugh. I always thought he was crazy to ask me this kind of question! My response: "umm hello grandpa don't you think you'd know if I got married?!? You would be there!!" I can honestly say that there hasn't been I man I've dated while my grandpa Pete was living that I would be proud to introduce him to. Until now... 

Enter: Andrew Kelley. We have been dating for 5 months and he is everything (and more) I could ask for. He's supportive, he is easy to talk to, he keeps me grounded, he celebrates the good things, he's thoughtful, and he's hilarious. Things are funnier when he's around. I worry less when he's around. I don't bring work home from school because my time with him is important so I stay at school to get what I can done, and then we meet for dinner or a drink. The thing I like most about him is that he's catholic. We have spent most of our Sunday afternoons at church. He and I's relationship is strong because it's rooted in our faith and that is the most special thing in the world. Here's us :) 


So like I said: a lot has changed. Be willing to learn and grow. You never know what card God will play next. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews