Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

First blog... holding back

Hello Blog World!! 

Here I am... pretty nervous about starting this process.  My sister Maureen asked  told me to start a blog, and I told her that I didn't know what I was going to write about.  Recent events in my life have forced me to evaluate how I spend my time, and what I do for fun.  After a week or so of intense reflection and several fantastic conversations with some of the best family and friends I could have, I finally came to terms with what I was going to blog about: peace of mind.  

I think there are so many wonderful things that we have to be thankful for each and every day.  Much like my roomie Anissa's blog says, if we don't stop and slow down every once in a while, we can miss some pretty incredible things.  

Here is what you can expect from my blog: 
1. Some sort of motivational/feel good quote (courtesy of the quotes tab in pinterest)
2. A song: music has always been a passion of mine and I love all kinds (minus death metal and hardcore rock)
3. A recipe or picture of food that I have either already cooked or am going to try cooking. 

You may be fortunate enough to read more from various blog posts because I have many special things planned for the future :)

Here's a little bit about me: I am about to finish my second year of teaching, I love my job (honestly and truly LOVE my job), I have made so many wonderful new friends at work, and have strengthened many friendships from college.  Here's the roadblock... if someone asked me what I like to do for fun, or what my hobbies are, I would be at a loss for words.  I don't have anything that I really love to do on my own time.  There is an ecard I saw on pinterest once that said "So tell me about yourself!.... Oh gosh who am I?!?" That's all about to change folks.  

I don't have a picture of what I am going to make for dinner tonight, but I will be grilling garlic and herb chicken, and serving it over a bed of baby arugula.  Simple and so tasty!! 

Here is my song for the week: 

Follow your arrow
Kacey Musgraves is fab! :)

Here is my quote for the week: 

Happy Sunday friends :) Lots of love!! 
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews